Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Beautiful skies

Friends, after 17+  hours on the plane, we've arrived in South Africa.  Currently sitting in the airport where we are waiting to board our connecting flight to Harare, Zimbabwe, in about an hour.

The flight was uneventful.. which is great.  My seat was in the middle of a tour group from Canada who are beginning a 3 wk holiday.  Had a nice chat with my seat mate, Margaret, from Halifax, Nova Scotia. 

My favorite part of the flight was looking out the window (I always prefer a window seat) to watch the full moon shining on the floor of clouds below us.  Incredible.  It seemed as if you could reach out and collect the cottony clouds below.  I also thought about the moon bounce at my nephew, Rudi's, birthday party and wondered if walking on the clouds would be the same.  Only when another plane passed below us did I have an idea how far up we really were!? That truly puts 35K feet into perspective especially at night.  Wow! what an experience. 

What a wonderful world.

I hope to be able to write again either at the hotel tonite or if not, at some point after reaching Mutare.

Love & prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment